Thursday 21 May 2009

This is a busy, busy, busy week! We had one graduation in the family on Sunday, and another one on Friday. My Grandpa came down from Iowa to go to both (they are his great granddaughters!), so that means he's here for a week! I don't know if Grandpa's ever been gone from home that long in his life! My folks brought him down to our house yesterday, so he got to watch us make beds and lay plastic mulch and drip tape with our "new fangled" machine! I drove him around our place and showed him our hoop houses and strawberry patch, orchard, etc. I think he was impressed, as he's never seen it all, just heard us talk about it. On top of all the graduation celebrations today is his 97th birthday!! So we have to have another get together at my brothers tonight for that! I told Grandpa he had to dance a jig because turning 97 was a once in a life time thing!!! He didn't go for that! Also today our sons friend Joe that came for Spring break is to arrive for the summer, and today is baking day for the market! So I'd better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment