Tuesday 12 May 2009

DON'T FORGET TODAY IS CSA PICK UP DAY!!!!!

Well it's never dull around here! We had a good day at market on Saturday, didn't sell out of eggs, or lettuce, but we can't complain. Sunday we planted cucumbers, zucchini, and patty pan squashes. Monday I baked for today's CSA delivery, you are getting persimmon bread. Now don't go oh ooh, or oh yuk! Try it, it is good! We had a bumper crop of persimmons last fall so have a freezer full of persimmon pulp! Then in the middle of hanging out my laundry I got a phone call from the library saying they had a swarm of bees in the tree by their book drop box, would I come get them! So off I went to the library to collect the swarm. It was about twice the size of the one I got the other week. No I don't have pictures of this one, but I did have an audience! The Christian Academy kids across the street were having their recess break, so they came over to watch!

So in today's box you'll get bread, eggs, lettuce, radishes, onions & a little pint of strawberries!!!!!! It's not much, but hopefully it'll get your taste buds ready for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment