Friday 23 April 2010

We got the cabbage, broccoli, kohlrabi & radicchio transplanted outside, now to keep the rabbits and deer away! Greg sprayed with deer repellent, but now that it's rained he'll have to get after it again real quick so they don't find it! I had volunteer cilantro coming up in the garden, so I dug a bunch of it up and transplanted it in between the kohlrabi. I still have 2 trays of plants in the green house that need to be transplanted out. I got some more rosemary starts that I had rooted potted up, need to get the extra basil plants that I want to sell potted up, too!

I got a package of bees last Saturday and got them put out in their new hive. I also put on extra supers on the other 2 hives that made it through the winter, so maybe I'll get some comb honey this fall!

Greg's big Ford 8000 tractor had to go into the shop this week, but they were very quick and got it back to us that same day! Never a good thing to have the tractor in the shop this time of year!

I made more jam on Wed. I made more Goumi berry and some blueberry. I managed to steam burn two fingers on my left hand, so they are blistered up pretty good! Makes doing the dishes no fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment