Saturday 1 August 2009

Yesterday we picked peaches, tomatoes, okra, peppers and basil to take to the Columbia Farmers' market today. I baked 2 blackberry pies to take, too!

Today's market experience was so much fun in the rain!!! (Not!) We didn't do too bad considering, but would have been nice to get rid of more tomatoes! We did sell out of eggs, over 70 dozen!

When we got home we cut up the second tomatoes and put in the dehydrator, and the 2nd peaches we put in the freezer to make jam later! I really need to get some more jam made, but have to do bread and butter pickles for a lady first. I traded a blackberry pie for 2 bushels of cucumbers at market today since we don't have any cucumbers thanks to the deer! I have had requests to make jalapeno jam, and I would also like to make Blackberry jalapeno jam and sweet onion jam. I know you're all going yuck, why would you make that and what would you eat that on?! Well these kinds of jams are good to put on roasts in the crock pot or to make sauces to use when you grill, etc. They are also good on crackers with cream cheese! Any way time will tell if I get these things done or not! I always have lots of plans, but the time is another issue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment