Wednesday 23 May 2012

Well we are still picking strawberries. We took a little over 300 quarts last Sat. to market and did not get the patch totally picked. They are getting smaller but still very nice size. We've put another 20 quarts in the freezer and dehydrated another 10 or so. We got the okra and field tomatoes planted, but may put in another row of tomatoes as we have the space and plants. The deer came through and ate on and pulled out some of the okra plants, so Greg sprayed some pepper and egg spray on them to keep the deer away. We also got the fennel, basil, artichokes, sunflowers and carrots planted yesterday. All the winter squash, pumpkins and gourds are up in the greenhouse and need to be transplanted out any time. We got the ginger planted in the hoop house on Sunday, am really looking forward to see how that does! I noticed as I was watering yesterday that our blueberry bushes that we have in pots along the chicken yard have some "blue" berries on them! That means I need to get out to the field and check on the bushes out there! Not exactly sure when I'm going to be able to find time to pick them though! Very busy times and not enough time in the day or energy in the body! Also the tomatoes in the hoop houses are doing well and need to be staked. That is always a job I do not like to do! Well I'm off to the local Wed. market in town to sell some more strawberries! Then there's 3 more flats of seconds to process when I get home this evening! Yea! I'm very very very tired of strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment