Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sorry it's been so long since last post. We've been busy as always. We have planted the potatoes and they are begining to sprout. Peas are up. After we planted all the greens and radishes we had a 7" rain that washed most of the seed away, so we replanted the other day just in time for another big rain, so we'll have to wait and see if they come up or are washed away again! Right now we are in the begging of our best strawberry season yet! Last Friday we picked for market 197 quarts of strawberries, and if I could figure out how to get pictures off my cell phone and on to here I could show you a really huge strawberry we picked. I always forget to take my camera out with me, but I always have my phone! We got the plastic on our hoop house and tomatoes planted in two of them. Our ginger is sprouting in the green house and will be ready to plant out into the hoop house soon. We've planted out mizuna, arugala, kale and swiss chard plugs and they are looking good. Our green onions have been growing well and have the hugest green onions ever. We are still hauling a couple loads of manure each week to keep adding to our compost piles. Our newest aquistion was a manure spreader, so that makes spreading our compost a little faster and easier onto our garden areas. This year we started extra heirloom tomato, pepper and herb plants to sell at market. Last week we took the first of our heirloom tomato plants to sell. So we are still here and still planting. I'm just slow about getting any blogging done.

No comments:

Post a Comment