Friday 2 July 2010

Remember a while back when I said, "Rain, rain go away come again another day"? Well it's "another day" time!! We are dry, we've been running water pretty much 24/7! We laid drip tape down the rows of winter squash, pumpkins, gourds, cucumbers and summer squash so we could water them. Greg set up a sprinkler system in the potato field and over the lettuce and green beans!

I strung up the top row on the tomatoes in the hoop house on Wednesday. We are going to have to get some taller (8') stakes to put in there as they are already over our heads! But while I was stringing away I found some ripe tomatoes! So hopefully this week everyone will get at least one tomato in their box! We also dug some blue potatoes today so be looking for those. I fried some for lunch today, and they are no different then regular ones, in fact they weren't that blue inside! I was a bit disappointed, but they are very blue almost purple on the outside!

We are still picking blueberries, but they are slowing down. The blackberries are starting to ripen though, so look for them maybe this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment