Tuesday 29 June 2010

CSA box time again today! Everyone will be getting some blueberries, potatoes, onions, eggplant, jalapeno pepper and eggs. The full shares will also get some green beans, broccoli, blackberries and okra.

The radicchio that was looking so good and was ready to put in the boxes this week became food to the "Deer"! They ate off over 20 heads! I hope it gave them a terrible belly ache! I say they all though we've only ever seen one, but there has to be more than one to have eaten that many heads of radicchio and they also got into the green beans that same night! We didn't think about them eating the radicchio as it is bitter and so we hadn't sprayed it with the rotten egg and hot pepper mixture. Like I said I hope they "paid" for it!

I planted out more fennel, basil, oregano, celeriac, parsley and husk tomatoes. We planted some more green beans and edamames (edible soybeans). We worked yesterday on weeding the pumpkins and winter squash field, have two more rows on that to do yet. I need to get back out and string on the tomatoes again. Always plenty of things to do. Also need to get some more jams made...

No comments:

Post a Comment