Thursday 18 June 2009

Wow, I realized I haven't posted anything all week! So I thought I'd better post or you all might think we've been slacking off!!

Monday was baking day for market, and I had Lucas & his girlfriend who is visiting for the week from Colorado, do the baking. My foot was very sore and standing on it was not fun. Then I got an appointment to get it x-rayed and to see the doctor so they took me, since it was my right toe and I didn't know if I could drive! Joe finished up the baking and wrapped all the bread for me. The x-ray showed nothing broke, cracked or chipped, so that was good!

Tuesday was picking day for the CSA delivery boxes. That was fun in the rain! But at least my foot felt better and I could walk on it. The full shares got big loaf of bread, eggs, blueberries, swiss chard, lettuce, radishes, turnips and potatoes. The half shares got little loaf of bread, swiss chard, lettuce, blueberries, eggs & potatoes.

Wednesday was errand day. Joe & I planted 11 more flats of tomatoes for fall. I put straw in the chicken nests, and got 2 of the fans cleaned and running in there. Then about 2:30p.m we left to go up to Glasgow to see Greg's family and were up there all evening. So we missed the big storm that went through last night. Doesn't look like we got any damage, a few little branches down, but nothing major. We couldn't tell up there watching the news, they kept talking about Ham's Prairie having a tornado! So that was exciting!

Today I had Lucas' girlfriend helping me bake, while the guys were outside weeding and they put another fan up in the attic window of the chicken house and opened up a couple more windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment