Sunday 14 June 2009

Well I worked a little bit yesterday afternoon weeding some more on one of the lettuce beds, not going very fast! Greg worked on mowing and spraying the weeds between the broccoli and onion beds out back.

Our son's girlfriend from Denver arrived for a visit this morning. She'll be here for a week! (another hired hand?!) Which I may need this week. When I went out this morning to the barn to feed the cats and do chores I somehow caught my foot and fell taking my boot completely off my foot! I caught my big toe and wrenched it, I don't know if it's dislocated, Greg thinks it's broke, but it is swelled up nice, and very, very painful!

Most of the flats we planted the other day with winter squash, cucumbers and pumpkins and gourds are up! Today we did about 4 more with different melons. Greg worked at replanting some of the tomatoes that had died when we transplanted them outside last week. And he planted some rhubarb plants that we got yesterday at market. We'll see if we can get those going. We've tried for years to get rhubarb to grow and just haven't had any luck. We never had a problem with when we lived in Kansas, and it shouldn't be that difficult! I spent most of the day with my foot up and ice on it. The new bed worked really nice for that as it is one that you can raise the feet and head!!

No comments:

Post a Comment