Friday 19 March 2010

Well I think only about 4 of those tomatoes that Greg grafted the other day are going to make it! They look pretty bad! But I guess we'll have to try again, practice makes perfect! We've been starting seed in the greenhouse. We've got all the peppers and egg plant planted and I planted some cilantro, parsley, basil and more fennel. I also got my rosemary cuttings potted and took a few more cuttings to root. The thyme and oregano seed I started several weeks ago and one tray of fennel is sprouted and doing well, so making a little progress.

Yesterday I worked on getting ready for Columbia's farmers' market which starts this Saturday! Should be fun, they are calling for cold rainy weather possibly turning to snow! The fun keeps on coming! I made strawberry, strawberry rhubarb and peach jam yesterday. I made new labels and signs, bagged dried apples, tomatoes and bell peppers, went through and organized and inventoried the jams and jellies. Got them crated up and ready to put in the truck. Today I'm going to bake banana bread, banana coconut bread, zucchini and applesauce bread, and make some chocolate chip cookies and flat bread for tomorrow, plus we need to get the tables and tent and everything else loaded into the truck tonight! So I'd better get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment