Tuesday 3 November 2009

Market last Saturday was pretty good. We got rid of almost all of our pumpkins and a lot of our winter squash and sweet potatoes! I noticed that with the last couple of warmer sunny days our radishes have finally decided to grow and maybe we will have some mizuna next week!

We have got all the tomato stakes and twine pulled up and Greg mowed off all the beds. Next we will have to put the mulch lifter on the tractor and take up all the plastic mulch and drip tape. That is not a fun job.

Today I rendered about 20 lbs. of beef suet. I will use it later to make my lye soap. I didn't get any made last winter so would really like to get a batch made this winter. I also got our chest freezer in the house cleaned out, sorted and organized! That was badly needed as I could never find anything that I knew was in there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment