Monday 20 April 2009

We went to Columbia Farmers' Market Sat. morning in the drizzling rain, fun, fun!! But we didn't do too bad. Next week we won't have much to take, as we will be saving most of it to start delivery of CSA shares the following Tuesday!!! Yeah! That is the plan as of now. Remember the first of the season the boxes may be a little slim, but as the season progresses it will get fuller! We will have mixed salad greens, onions & hopefully radishes, cut herbs for produce, eggs and some sort of bread?! I will contact everyone by email next week with the definite plans.

Sunday I went and picked up my 2 packages of bees I had ordered, but was to rainy and cool to put them out. Thought I would do it today, but it clouded up & drizzled a little bit this morning, and this afternoon the sun came out, but so did the wind. So I'm still waiting to get them in their hives. Hopefully the wind will die down late this afternoon and I can get them out otherwise will have to see what tomorrow's like!

Sunday we planted cauliflower and broccoli out in the rain. At least it won't need to be watered in, and it likes the cool weather!

I planted some more eggplant, pepper, basil, cilantro & fennel seeds in the greenhouse today, and put more straw in chicken nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment