Tuesday 17 March 2009

Well Greg did not find a manure spreader at his auction! That's disappointing to take time off and drive all that way to get there and not find what you're looking for! So he came home and planted a few more candy onions before he left to watch basketball! I was a little luckier at my auction, I found a couple of little things, but spent most of the day, as there was something I was really interested in, but in the end it went to high for me! So I came home did chores, and then I planted on the candy onions! Sunday we worked in the second hoop house and got it all planted in more greens, beets, toyko turnips, purple top turnips, kholrabi, kale, pak choi and spinach. We got all the transplants planted out, too. We also took the row cover off the strawberries again. Noticed a few blooms starting to appear!

Yesterday we worked on those candy onions again! We have about 7 bunches of them to go, so I will probably work on them this afternoon. This morning I repaired a chicken roost that had collapsed and re strawed the nests, they sure do love to eat out the straw, it's hard to keep the nests full! I also need to get a couple of bee hives put together, as I have a couple packages of bees coming the first of April, and I need to get my cuttings that I rooted in the greenhouse potted up, oh the fun never ends!

Lucas is bringing home a friend this weekend for Spring Break so we can meet, as he is interested in coming home with Lucas for the summer to work for us! The extra hand would come in very handy, but I'm not sure where I'm going to put him, as I have no extra beds, bedroom, floor space, etc. I just hope he doesn't mind the floor, and a messy house, and no privacy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment