Sunday 8 March 2009

I saw my first Robin of the Spring this past Friday! The frogs sure have been singing their little lungs out! Guess I would, too, if I'd been living in the dark freezing, cold mud, barely breathing for almost 6 months! God sure is amazing the way He made His creation to work! Summer doesn't start officially for me until the Barn Swallows return, but this weather makes you believe that it will be here before you know it.
Greg took off a half day from work Friday and got 5 onion beds made and he got his tractor put back together. Saturday I made a trip down to Morgan County to the Mennonite country and picked up our order of 250 lbs. of seed potatoes, (the blue seed potatoes didn't come in. Don't know if we'll be able to find any somewhere else or not?!) 2 bushels of onion sets, 1 crate of candy onion sets, 5 boxes of tomato twine, some seeds & black plastic mulch. We didn't want to have to pay shipping on all that! I also stopped by Weaver's which is a Mennonite grocery store. They have a lot of stuff in bulk so I stocked up on baking supplies. Greg sprayed in the orchard while I was gone. When I got home after lunch we started planting those onions. We have about 2/3 bushel left to go!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE your blog! I love the photos and that you are updating it! Be sure and promote and advertise on all your farm materials the address and get your CSA memebers to log oon and leave comments as well.

    ReplyDelete