Monday 4 January 2010

Well we survived the holidays! Our son is still home from collage for another week, but otherwise we are settling into the cold winter season! Our thermometer said -1 degree this morning! YUCK!! The chicken waterers were frozen up and the 5 outdoor cats have moved into the house much to the one indoor cats disgust!

Greg has gone back to work today after two weeks of vacation, but he has been working on making some cool gadgets to make my life easier when it comes time to start planting in the greenhouse! He's also started on his seed inventory list and going through the seed catalogs that have been arriving since before Thanksgiving!

I have not been doing much of anything on the other hand! I've been doing a lot of reading! That is my down fall. Once I start reading I don't quit until the book is done, so therefore not much else gets done! I still need to take the tree down, but I find that that gets later and later each year since we have gone to an artificial tree and I don't have to worry about it drying out and all the needles falling off!

We will be going to the Midwest Fruit & Vegetable Growers Conference the end of the week in St. Joesph and look forward to that, plus several other workshops and meetings this month that I will be going to, so it will be a busy January!

No comments:

Post a Comment